DePocket Integrates with Harmony (One) to Bring A New Melody to Our Users
DePocket continues to expand its ecosystem. Our mission is to choose the best chains to integrate with. After careful research, we strongly believe that integrating with Harmony is one of those smart choices. An integration of this nature will add further convenience for users on all sides.
What is Harmony?
Harmony is a layer-1 blockchain platform, built in 2018 and launched in 2019 by Stephen Tse. Its primary goal was to resolve the persistent “blockchain trilemma” of balancing scalability with security and decentralization.
Harmony’s main goal was to speed up transactions and expand the market. Their platform provides a scalable, secure and decentralized blockchain system that supports all types of applications, including data markets, games, and financial transactions for billions of people around the world.
What makes Harmony different?
- On the Protocol layer, Harmony uses a POS consensus mechanism based on the Sharding Protocol. This can increase the number of nodes on the network and advanced solutions to radically increase efficiency for applications where the market is heading towards. Each sharding has hundreds of nodes, using the BFT algorithm to reach a consensus in seconds.
- On the Network layer, Harmony uses the QUIC protocol for faster information transmission.
- The technology uses the PBFT OmniLedger consensus mechanism and the QUIC network transmission protocol to provide good security.
- Our dev team wants to focus on building Harmony, a blockchain for both Fungible Tokens (Energy Credits, Security Offerings) and NFT Tokens (non-fungible Tokens — collectible tokens in games, real estate, and more)
- In particular, Harmony’s bridges can connect any Proof-of-Work and Proof-of-Stake chains.
- Harmony’s model focuses on Sharding Technology and Consensus Mechanisms.
What can users do after the DePocket integrated Harmony chain?
Like several other chains, users from both sides can now use the DePocket app to manage their crypto assets better. Additionally, users can now track Harmony balances without connecting any wallets, anywhere, any time. In the near future, DePocket will integrate more dApps through Harmony.
You can try our demo wallet here: https://app.depocket.com/addresses/0xb59d3f8c216193efc7548bc6d461175e65270e62
DePocket continues to move in the right direction. We constantly look for ways to improve our app and increase the benefits for our users. DePocket brings the DeFi world another step closer to you.
Enjoy DePocket today.
Join the DePocket community: